The ICC Cricket World Cup Trophy has achieved another world first in Port Lincoln, South Australia, when it completed a Great White Shark Dive in the Neptune Island Conservation Park with former Australian World Cup Fast Bowler, Shaun Tait, and his wife and Indian model, Mashoom Singha, with help from Calypso Charters Shark Cage Dive.
The shark dive kicked off the South Australian leg of the trophy tour, after the trophy spent 12 days in Western Australia, where it visited Perth and regional areas and had the chance to sky dive at Jurien Bay.
Commenting on the day Tait said “just like playing in the World Cup, today was a once in a lifetime opportunity to get up close and personal with some Great White Sharks and take the Trophy along for the ride
“I’d encourage any visitors coming to South Australia for the tournament to get along to Port Lincoln and dive with the Great White Sharks!”
On the three month long tour, fans will have the opportunity to get their photo taken with the ICC Cricket World Cup Trophy, and test their cricketing skills with a speed gun test and cricket nets.
The South Australian tour schedule is as follows:
· Monday 24 November: 9am – 4pm: ETSA Oval Port Augusta
· Tuesday 25 November: 10:00am – 1:00pm Lion Park, Main Road, Clare
· Thursday 27 November: 10am – 6pm Victoria Square, Adelaide
· Saturday 29 November: 11am – 6pm Moseley Square Foreshore Lawns Glenelg
· Sunday 30 November: 11am – 2:00pm Wolf Blass Winery, Barossa Valley (Cricket players appearing: Shaun Tait, Michael Bevan and Callum Ferguson)
Commencing 14 February 2015, the ICC Cricket World Cup will be the biggest sporting event of the year as the best cricket players come together to compete for the ultimate prize.
As the editor of Cricket Badger he is intent on building the website to give quality coverage of the domestic game around the world.
James was the full-time Media Manager at Yorkshire County Cricket Club between 2007 and 2010.
James is a published author and a writer/video contributor to many cricket publications.
He's unsurprisingly a complete cricket badger!
Latest posts by James Buttler (see all)
- Emirates T20: Bears sent packing by lusty Lahore Qalandars - March 23, 2017
- Emirates T20 Zalmi’s Nabi Gul and Imran Khan Jr rock Durham in Dubai - March 23, 2017
- Emirates T20: Bears mauled by Lancashire as Livingstone shines - March 23, 2017