The Warriors shrugged off their injury crisis with impressive insouciance as Michael Price and Colin Ackermann scored hundreds on the first day of their Sunfoil Series clash against The Titans at Axxess St George’s.
Price had struggled for form in the Sunfoil Series and had not scored a half-century this season, but he came up with the goods in a time of need as he stroked 181 to ensure the Warriors were always in control.
The 32-year-old shared an opening stand of 83 with David White; then put on a massive 249 for the second wicket with Ackermann, who finished his first day of franchise cricket unbeaten on 110.
Ackermann had been called into the Warriors squad because of injuries to Davy Jacobs, Colin Ingram, Andrew Birch, Christiaan Jonker and Rusty Theron, and had no trouble in stepping up to franchise level.
The 22-year-old hit 12 fours and a six in the 33rd first-class match of his career, and was accompanied to the close by Ashwell Prince, who was unbeaten on eight.
It was a long day in the field for the Titans with little reward. Albie Morkel was tidy in his first franchise outing of the season as he conceded just 39 runs in 15 overs, while Rowan Richards was the pick of the bowlers with figures of 2 for 57.
- Colin Ingram grinds out Warrior’s lead over Kinights (cricketbadger.com)
- Warriors battling injury crisis ahead of Titans clash (cricketbadger.com)
- Albie Morkel to make first start for the Titans against Dolphins (cricketbadger.com)
- Ashwell Prince keeps Cape Cobras at bay (cricketbadger.com)
As the editor of Cricket Badger he is intent on building the website to give quality coverage of the domestic game around the world.
James was the full-time Media Manager at Yorkshire County Cricket Club between 2007 and 2010.
James is a published author and a writer/video contributor to many cricket publications.
He's unsurprisingly a complete cricket badger!
Latest posts by James Buttler (see all)
- Dougie Brown relishing chance to shine in Dubai desert with UAE - March 25, 2017
- Emirates T20: Bears sent packing by lusty Lahore Qalandars - March 23, 2017
- Emirates T20 Zalmi’s Nabi Gul and Imran Khan Jr rock Durham in Dubai - March 23, 2017