The tickets for Sachin Tendulkar’s 200th and the farewell Test to be played at the Wankhede Stadium are understandably in high demand. And the tickets for the Little master’s farewell last two Tests are being specially designed with Tendulkar’s photograph to commemorate his achievements.
By BIPIN DANI
“This may be the first instance when the player’s photograph is printed on tickets”, India’s renowned cricket statistician Sudhir Vaidya says. “I have not heard of any other player’s photograph figuring on match-tickets in this way.”
The Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) has already made public the tickets to the first Test between India and the West Indies scheduled to be played at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata (October 6-10). Each ticket bears Sachin’s photograph and his signature and will surely become a collectors item.
The Bradman museum has already shown an interest in securing a ticket.
“We would like to secure a used match ticket for our museum collection from the game”, Rina Hore, the Executive Director of the Bradman museum said. “There were no Images of Bradman on tickets when he retired but two coins of 50 cents and 1 dollar were used in currency”.
- Sachin Tendulkar’s retirement hype up there with Don Bradman (cricketbadger.com)
- Sachin Tendulkar’s birthday will be celebrated after his retirement says Andhra Prasad (cricketbadger.com)
- Sachin Tendulkar – come in number 10 your Mumbai time is up (cricketbadger.com)
He has toured UAE, Sri Lanka, Morocco and Malaysia, to name a few, and contributes to a large number of newspapers in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
His twitter bio reads: Eat cricket stories, drink cricket stories, sleep cricket stories.
Latest posts by Bipin Dani (see all)
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni urged to use a coloured bat in IPL - January 1, 2017
- Eden Gardens groundsman has Muttiah Muralitharan in documentary film - November 14, 2016
- Malcolm Waller racially abused by Zimbabwe fans for dropped catch - November 12, 2016